|Dimensions||21 x 14 x 0.6 cm|
Prayer: A Personal Testimony
Out of stock
Out of stock
Alfred Stanway, Bishop of Tanganyika from 1951-1971, was one of the great missionary leaders of the twentieth century. He later became Deputy Principal of Ridley College, Melbourne, and was founding Principal of Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
His later years were marked by the steady onset of Parkinson’s disease, yet he continued to be fruitful in his personal witness to Jesus Christ and in his leadership of a Bible study group. These years were a crowning indication of the reality of the grace of Christ in his life.
Coming out of a lifelong experience of prayer, Bishop Stanway describes the essence of prayer in everyday life, demonstrating in practical ways what prayer is. This new edition has a Foreword by Peter C. Moore, President and Dean of Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry, Ambridge, Pennsylvania, the School founded by Bishop Stanway in his retirement.
The aim of this book is to get people to pray. I want those who have stopped to start again; those who have never started to begin, and those who pray to persevere.
Also available in eBook format (eISBN 9781617506055). To find out how to order online,
2. Follow these links direct to your preferred eBook retailer:
You may also like…
- Bible Study, Devotions, Theology and Spiritual Life
- Biography, History & Indigenous Issues
- Cards and Certificates
- Congregational Resources, Music, Confirmation & Youth
- Equality in Christ Sept 16
- Ethics and Local Mission
- Evangelism, Cross-cultural Mission and World Religions
- Pastoral Care, Healing and Relationships, Women