Manuscript Submission Guidelines
Acorn Press is an independent publishing company based in Melbourne, Australia, that focuses on publishing books by Australian authors which are thoughtful, well-informed and written from a Christian perspective. We aim to produce books that challenge readers to think about the issues we face in twenty-first century life and to enable us to effectively engage the world we live in.
Acorn is run by a Board of Directors, all of whom work for Acorn in a voluntary capacity.
In addition to requesting proposals from potential authors, currently Acorn Press is accepting unsolicited non-fiction manuscripts from new and established authors that meet the above criteria.
Submitting your manuscript
If you would like to submit your manuscript for our consideration, please follow these guidelines:
1. Manuscripts must be professionally edited before being submitted for publication. Acorn Press will be responsible for a final edit and proofing of the manuscript if it is accepted for publication, but the main edit will be the responsibility of the author.
2. We ask all authors to fill out our Manuscript Proposal Form, which you can download here. This form, along with the accompanying documents requested by Acorn Press, can be returned by post or email to the following addresses:
Acorn Press Limited
PO Box 258
Moreland VIC 3058
3. Once we receive your submission, it will be reviewed by our editorial staff. You will be notified via email whether your proposal has been listed for discussion by our editorial committee. The time taken for this process varies depending on the time of the year and the number of manuscripts received, but typically the process takes between four to eight weeks. If the committee is interested in your proposal, we will ask you to submit your entire manuscript for assessment.
4. Entire manuscripts must be submitted electronically in the form of a Microsoft Word file and follow the guidelines set out in the Acorn Press Style Guide, which you can download here.
5. Acorn Press is not able to return submitted manuscripts, or provide feedback on your manuscript should we decide not to publish it. All information provided to us remains confidential.
If you have any questions please contact Acorn’s Associate Editor, Gina Denholm, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through the Acorn office (03 9383 1266).