Manuscript Submission Guidelines
Acorn Press focuses on publishing books by Australian authors which are thoughtful, well-informed and written from a Christian perspective. We aim to produce books that challenge readers to think about the issues we face in twenty-first century life and to enable us to effectively engage the world we live in.
In addition to commissioning manuscripts, currently Acorn Press is accepting unsolicited non-fiction manuscripts from new and established authors that meet the above criteria.
Submitting your manuscript
If you would like to submit your manuscript for our consideration, please follow these guidelines:
1. Manuscripts must be of a high standard of writing before being considered for publication. Acorn Press will be responsible for a final edit and proofing of the manuscript if it is accepted for publication.
2. We ask all authors to fill out our Manuscript Proposal Form, which you can download here. This form, along with the accompanying documents requested by Acorn Press, can be returned by email (preferable) or post to the following addresses:
Deputy Editor, Bible Society Australia
c/- 60 Armstrong Road
Heathmont VIC 3135
3. Once we receive your submission, it will be reviewed by our editorial staff. You will be notified via email whether your proposal has been listed for discussion by our editorial committee. The time taken for this process varies depending on the time of the year and the number of manuscripts received, but typically the process takes between four to eight weeks. If the committee is interested in your proposal, we will ask you to submit your entire manuscript for assessment.
4. Entire manuscripts must be submitted electronically in the form of a Microsoft Word file and follow the guidelines set out in the Acorn Press Style Guide, which you can download here.
5. Acorn Press is not able to return submitted manuscripts, or provide feedback on your manuscript should we decide not to publish it. All information provided to us remains confidential.
If you have any questions please contact Kristin Argall via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (03 9729 3693). Please note that the phone number is a home office number, so initial contact via email is preferable.